The scope of work on the contract included
The Construction of a Reservoir
The Construction of a new
The Construction of a new 4
Drilling of new boreholes
The Construction of a new 30m Pipe
Protection of existing
1.9km Steel pipe on pedestals
· 13.4 km of pipelines
· Spring protection measures and supply lines to the water treatment works.
· Supply lines from various boreholes to the water treatment works, incl valves, chambers and the likes
The phase of the construction is supplying Cathcart
with additional water to accommodate the planned RDP housing development.
1. We complete the project on time and within the budget. The client increased the scope after obtaining further funding.
2. We got the backing of the local community and successful complete the project through teamwork
1. Accessibility to the boreholes and working areas – some of the areas could only be reached by foot and therefor material were delivered to a certain point and have to be carried by foot. Some areas we had to fill dongas and make access roads to be able to reach these areas.
2. During the rainy season this was a lot worse and some areas was then unreachable for days and we had to adjust our program and work in other areas
Amathole District Municipality
Started: September 2016, Completed: December 2017