At Ruwacon, our objective is to be the company of choice – creating sustainable value for our shareholders, employees contractors, suppliers, clients, business partners and host communities.
We are committed to open, honest and productive relationships with our employees based on the values of our charter. This includes earning the trust of the employees by being forthright in our communication, consistently delivering on commitments and maintaining an equal opportunity environment based on merit. We aim to be consistent, fair and transparent in recruiting, assessing, promoting and rewarding our people.
As Ruwacon is actively involved in projects throughout South Africa we are committed to achieve best practice in safety, health and environmental management.
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Accidents can be prevented and operations can be completed safely
- Everybody has a right to work in a safe and healthy environment
- Our operations should have the least practicable impact on the environment
- Best management practice of SHE enhances operational performance
Our operations will be directed in a manner that will protect the occupational health and safety of our employees as well as the environment of all who may be affected by our operational activities.
WE AFFIRM THAT:
- Line management is accountable for safety
- It is the responsibility of every employee to adhere to our safety standards
- We will establish and constantly review health and safety practices and procedures
- We will provide all our employees with appropriate health, safety and environmental management education, training and equipment.
- Employees are required to participate actively in health, safety and environmental programmes
- We require that our contractors and associates conform to our standards
- All accidents and incidents will be thoroughly, impartially and promptly investigated to identify and eliminate their root and proximal causes.
We will pursue continuous improvement of our policy and provide resources to give affect to our policy and foster a no-blame culture throughout the company.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Ruwacon (Pty) Ltd acknowledges a moral, legal and financial responsibility for the safeguarding and wellbeing of all persons who may in any way be affected by the activities of our business. We believe in a clean, hygienic, safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers, clients and suppliers. We will regularly review our policy, practices and performance to ensure continuous improvement.
We are committed to:
- Adopting high health, safety and environmental standards and implementing continuous performance evaluations accordingly.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and where appropriate, institute additional measures to ensure that health, safety and environmental standards on our
- Identify and assess health, safety and environmental hazards in order to continuously reduce risk to generally acceptable levels.
- Constant communication to employees, contractors, casuals and clients in order to provide relevant information about the risks involved in a certain project.
- Provide appropriate Occupational Health and Safety training for employees.
- Implement an effective emergency preparedness plan.
- Investigate and report all incidents timeously and take necessary action to reduce risks.
Occupational Health and Safety objectives and targets:
- Create a responsibility with all employees to prevent accidents at his or her level on site
- Continuous safety training of all employees
- Disabling Injury Frequency Rate (DIFR) of 1.0 and less
- Ensure that line managers are actively involved in the implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Compliance with client OHS specifications for each project